JAZZ - BLUES - FUNK - ROCK - BRAZILIAN MUSIC - FOLK - POP - HARMONY & THEORY -
YOUR FAVOURITE SONGS - TECHNIQUE - READING - GRADES EXAM PREPERATION
The most important thing is: what do want. That I will find out in the beginning of our lessons and I will keep checking in on that during the course of our lessons.
To achieve your aims and play the music you want to play, I will give you the tools for. All you need to do is to practise and enjoy the sound of your great instrument. I will always try to teach you basics and technique as much in the context of a music piece you want to play. Sometimes it is inavoidable to to practise certain techniques on their own. The upside: the bass sounds great whatever you do with it!
And now some topics we will cover:
- Learn how to play your favourite songs
- Basics of the instrument
- Basic skills: Playing and creating bass grooves, sound
- For jazz: walking bass lines, half-time feel, soloing, bossa nova, funk grooves, jazz standards, blues
- Chord symbols: reading and playing chord symbols instantly.
- Reading Music. WHY? It can't hurt to understand your instrument a bit and having the ability to play with other musicians instantly. Other benefits include: the ability to write down your bass grooves for other band members, to write down band arrangements, To answer your last questions: 'Isn't it way too hard???' - Not that bad, honestly. I started late myself and figured out some good ways to figure where things are.
- Songwriting / composition